Sunday, July 13, 2014

Acid Eyes and Downpours

Thought for the day: 

This umbrella was the best 36 bucks I ever spent, along with my wool 50c thrift store sweater.

Waking up and organization are not two of my strong suites. Beth had mentioned for our mid season evaluations that she has noticed some guides being not prepared before their trips in the morning. I took that as a direct hit toward me and decided to make a change.

This morning I was ready. I had gone to sleep early and set my alarm for 6:40. The rain beating down on the roof of our tent cabin wasn't going to hold me back today. I geared up and ran for the bathroom. 

I was putting in my contacts and couldn't find solution. I grabbed Kaylins’, it said “no rub” Sweet! I’ll still rub my contacts and they will be EXTRA clean. I popped the first on in my eye and immediately regretted it. The fire started spreading into my eyeball. My first thought was that I had just put acid into my eye and I was about to loose it. I spent the next 15 minutes rinsing out my eye. So much for getting up early. 

I was scheduled for an Abra outer bay kayak trip today with Riley and 8 guests. The rain continued to get harder as we gathered gear from the dry room. I switched from rain pants to waders, I’m done ringing out my underwear after spending 5 hours outside.

Pumping out the canoes this morning was a race against mother nature. They were filling up faster than we could pump out and people were dropping from our trip like flies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment