Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Ending

The trip is wrapping up. I feel a lot like I did at the end of the last one. Exhausted. I don't want to do anything or talk to anyone. 

We biked hard out of Newport yesterday. It was rainy and gusty, big southern California storm rolling in. The news was calling for one inches of rain and there were signs or flash flooding, to driver careful and it was all over the news. A few driveways even had sand bags in front of their house. I couldn't help but giggle a little.

I let the boys go on ahead and just took my time enjoying the drizzle and taking everything in. I have been going going going now for months and won't be done until midnjanuary. My friend asked me last night when the last time I sat also em and just did nothing was. I had nonidea. I need that.

The sky's were dark with clouds and rain by three yesterday and the ocean a brilliant stormy blue. I fed off the energy and tried to imagine the coastline before people as I biked into camp.

The boys were there, all set up. I grabbed some food and sat in the bathroom eating my spagetti. It was dry and warm and safe. 

Back at the campsite the rain from the road was making its way quickly towards johns tent, josh yelled for him to get out as we watched the pool roll forward racing to break down camp before it flooded. 

By the time the boys backed up the area where the tent had been was now ankle deep in water with more coming. It was pitch black and none of the other campsites looked too promising. I considered setting up my camp in one of the private showers for the night but the boys wanted to get a hotel. Split costs is a luxury in traveling with a group. 

I'm not to upset about the hotel decision. A holiday express just a short terrifying bike ride away. Souther Californians completely forget how to drive and start crashing into each other when it rains ( worlds of Rodger and our camp host)

Worth it though, heated pool and hottub, continental breakfast, nice rooms and wifi for josh. Probably the nicest hotel I've stayed in since traveling with my parents. 

Today is going to be a big day too. We are relaxing here until the last possible moment then preparing ourselfs for more stormy waleather. John has friends in San Diego, josh is stsyingnatthebhostel and im going tons warm showers. I'm almost tempted to just stay at the jostle do I dont have to talk to anyone and can get my life together. My train leaves at six inntr morning, not leaving much time for error trying to box up my bike and get checked in. It's a hour ride to Seattle , I wonder how I'll sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment