Monday, September 29, 2014

Finding things 9-26

Last night was awesome. We camped on the side of the road between the wrangles and the Dawson range. Da Nutt escaped again and I lost my matching wine glass. Think it fell out of the car in anchorage. While I was searching for my life the boys and Mikal got a fire going an we set up camp. We combined forces on dinner making noodles with their smoked salmon and we finished off the bottle of gin. We smoked a bowl out if an apple, irate time is done that in about ten years. So nice just sitting there sharing what we have, under the stars cheersing to the lost cat.

So Nutt came and checked in with us twice at the fire between back woods adventures. That cat amazes me more and more. We crawled into bed, it's gotta be in the twenties. 

In worries about da Nutt but nothing I can do. Mikal for up to pee around five and I hear her go, ohh kitty! He was outside out tent and when he got out he crawled in my sleeping bag. 

I gout out to put him in the car and the sky was streaked with green. Some of the most beautiful northern lights I've ever seen. 

Late start again this morning. Everything was frozen, all out water and frost everywhere. 

Mikal started coffee and I broke down camp. She found my wine glass under one of the seats so we took a celebration drink of whiskey in the kayaks, it tasted way better covered in the Yukon frost. 

We just stopped for gas and met a cyclist from Barcelona. He's biking from anchorage, catching the ferry then down to Patagonia! 

We got so excited talking to him and giving him snacks we forgot to get gas. Mikal is being introduced to my game of can we make it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment