Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Flying



Didn't sleep really at all last night in the Subaru, I forgot to latch the seat so my head was on a decline and all the snot in my body went to the back of my throat and I kept trying to swallow but couldn't. Mikal slept there too. I really need to get. Pillow or all this. 

Leaving talkeetna was pretty tough. Was tempted to stay another night to see a friend but thought seeing him would make things harder so dipped out. We picked up da Nutt from Rob. That man really impresses me. He grew up in kodak and was a hunting guide there for years before moving to talkeetna. He is also one of the most amazing artists I have ever met. I found a bear tooth and he is helping me make it into a necklace.

I usually get really bad anxiety about traveling with people. But I have none of that with Mikal. She is calm about everything and had her shit together. She is patient with me, knowing I have a lot on my plate with this move and I cannot be happier to be starting this adventure with her. 

We were planning to go flying with tj today and I almost backed out to take a nap. In glad I didn't. I got to the airstrip right at four, hopped out of the car and into a little four seat plane. We went looking for moose which felt more like a roller coaster and hovered above the knik river and zipped alongside tidewater glaciers. 

To tired to write really, just got to Girdwood. Walked in and the guys staying here was so pleased to have two girls walk in he gave us his pizza and bed us smoked salmon. Mentioned something about how bad the dating scene was then we made our exit. Excited to have a night of solid sleep before I break down. 








No comments:

Post a Comment