Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Leaving?



Last night we laid low drinking gin and tonics with our new matching glasses going through gear and maps. I was able to spread all my stuff out on the floor and get it into it's home bag. I can't tell you how good it feels to have my life organized into bike bags, it just makes more sense that way.  



Our plan was to leave anchorage at 9 this morning, it's 1:53. Da Nutt picked out a box for the trip, I set a few out and he kept crawling back into the Kirkland Canadian whiskey, makes a mom so proud! 



We were running errands this morning, Nutt got out at the post office then we had to run back to the house to get something. Every time we tried to leave something would come up. 

We made it to Palmer to pick up some mail from TJ. He was the one who took us flying the other day and brought us on board to see the plane he's working on.

 
Not sure how well da Nutt is gonna do camping but we will find out. 




It's weird leaving. I'm content. I think meeting Mikal and us doing this trip was meant o happen. We are on the same page, no stress no pressure, just open doors and winding roads.

The termination dust has hit. The lowers mountains are golden with the changing trees and the peaks are  starting to be covered with snow



I'm so proud of da Nutt right now! We stopped to have a snack by the matinuska glacier. Peanut butter jelly and honey sandwiches for Mikal and I and some tuna for da Nutt. I let him out of the car and he ran around the parking lot and played in the woods. We went over and got a family picture infront of the glacier and ran into some motorcyclist. They didn't believe me he came when he was called and he jumped out of my arms and they started to chuckle. Then when we were walking back to my car I told da Nutt to c'mon and he gave a little meow and ran up along side me. Faces were priceless!

I think I just lost Da Nutt. We pulled off at a trail head just south of Tok and set up camp. I let the Nutt out and he did some exploring, looked at me, gave me a little meow, then took off into the woods. I could hear him for a while then nothing. Shit. 

I tried calling him and shaking his treats. I even told him I would give him a snack, silence..

Mikal and I made Mac n cheese with rice milk and tuna. Finished the small bottle of whiskey and still no Nutt. I set up his food and his litter and his bed, even a little snack. 

I called an called and THEN! Out of the blue, I heard his little meow comming from the woods. Then nothing. Then the jingle, then his eyes in the dark as he took of running back and forth. He hopped on the car then into my lap. I moved all his stuff back In the car an tossed him in. 

No we are in the tent and I can hear his cries from the car. Yeah, he is safe there, but sad and scared and lonely. I can't bring him in the tent, he will pop our air mattresses. I am tempted to just let him out for the night. I'm scared he will get lost or hurt or worse... But he would be happy. It's not fair I get to do the things I do and be free and keep him couped up.. Idk maybe I'll let him out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment