Monday, September 29, 2014

Ravens and Rivers 9-29

I woke up to the sound of Ravens, hundreds of them. They were flying around the campground, pickup up last nights scraps. Nutt hadn't checked in yet, I have a sinking feeling something is wrong. So much noise form the campground and the ravens and the rivers. I have this horrible imaged that something got him in the woods and the Ravens are picking his bones. I can't sleep. I get up and try calling him, I can't hear him anywhere, no meows, no tags clicking, just ravens.

This must be the way parents feel waiting for their kids to come home each night. It's a sickening feeling. I try to lay back down and pray, but then I don't believe in prayer, but man, it does make me feel better.

I can't go back to sleep, I have to go look for him. I put my boots on and start stomping through the woods yelling for Nutt shaking his treats. I don't care how crazy I look, I just need to find my cat. I just hope he isn't lost or dead or even worse, just lying there hurt somewhere not able to cry out or get out of the woods.

I can't hear anything. I don't want to yell to loud as to wake up the people in the campground, but I worry he can't here me over those damn ravens.

There is nothing else I can do, I try to make myself busy around camp but I keep thinking I hear him. My every intention is to find him. I got back into the woods, take the treats again and start looking. I step about 10 feet in and hear this tired little wake up meow, look over and see him stretching by a tree. That little shit was napping just outside the tent the WHOLE time!

He's grounded.

I don understand why or how armpits can smell the way they do. I don't know if my shirt will ever be the same. Socks too, they were so bad up by Whitehorse from living in my xtratrufs we punched them in the sunroof to blow the stink off them.

McChickens in British Columbia cost $5.18, but at least the actually put rolos in their rolo McFlurries. This trip is already starting to heal all the hurt spots from my last one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment