Sunday, October 12, 2014

Looking for Jacob and Ami DiFranco

We are driving into quilliate territory. There are sighs everywhere like no vampires allowed, crossing treaty line, etc. I know it's all made up but I can't help but hope to find a handsom buff Jacob. I keep havin to check myself, I'm sure I resemble a swivel head whipping around at every dark skinned boy I see. 




D took us to Rialto Beach. Stunning here.  The waves are deadly, crashing into the shallow waters in massive sets. Rolling whole tree trunks like twigs. The sky blends into the ocean, a light gray mist and foam. There are cliffs off in the distance and I picture Bella jumping off one and Victoria chasing after her, look back at the surf and wonder how she didn't drown. I crack up at my thinking this, especially because twilight wasn't even filmed in Washington, but it's super fun to play along with the thought that there are warewolves and vamps around. They really could be anywhere, hiding in the flat light.





They have the best milkshakes at this corner store. You MUST go get one.


My phone died and mikal was using the charger. It was nice not to have it. D was working on some things so I found a little book of games, probably meant for ten year olds and did some mazes and connect the dots before finding her bag of books. I read a little about climate change and peak oil. I was more distracted by the well designed cover 

I moved on to brainwashed, a book on Aferican America stereotypes until D laughed at me and we got into talking music. Now I know nothing about music or pop culture. I'm not in tune with the outside world and I'm ashamed to say I really have no idea what's going on in the world or current events. 

She couldn't believe I didn't know Heart, or the Indigo Girls. She had me read the letter to Miley from Sinead O'Conner which led to me watching both music videos. We then listened to Edie Brickell and Ami DiFranco. It's amazing, girls in music videoes used to wear clothes. 




No comments:

Post a Comment