Saturday, October 11, 2014

Rainforests


Whelp so far so good. We are trying to get to forks. Not a long ride by we started really late. The weather is great, for now, there was a pretty big downpour  earlier. 

The nice weather didn't last long. A lady flipped her car on the road next to crescent lake. The people around her said she was driving crazy and swerving everywhere. I'm glad we didn't encounter her... 

We biked up to the scene. I didn't want to pass, I didn't want to see a dead person. Every day all day I am aware that could be me. One bad move and over... I didn't want the reminder. 

Mikal talke to the police. The lady was fine and they let us through. It started pouring. Just a few more miles to our store and campground. 




The store and campground are closed. I'm drenched. We find the bathrooms. They are locked. We stand under the awnings out of the rain trying to figure out what to do. The next campground is 15 miles down the road and we can't get ahold of them to see if they are open. Even if they were we wouldn't make it before dark. 



We decided to stay here. I'm making a lap looking for a pavilion. It really is beautiful here.. 

We changed out mind. I jokingly asked Mikal if she wanted to hitchbike. Her eyes lit right up and was like, yeah! 

We went out to the road. I felt kinda silly standing in the rain with my bike and bike shorts. Could they even see my thumb? Cars went by and I turned to Mikal to ask if this ever worked, she started saying something as I caught one of those vw vans pull up an a lady in the drivers seat with a huge smile. She asked us where we were going, forks, perfect her too. We got the bikes and all our gear in an chatted the whole drive. 

She drove out here a few months ago to establish residency so her daughter could go to school here. We went to the grocery store, thank goodness, I rally had to poop.


No comments:

Post a Comment