Friday, October 10, 2014

To Bike the Olympic Peninsula?

Im not sure how I feel about biking the peninsula. We are supposed to get big storms in and there is 10 days of rain in the forecast. It's rural out there and about  150 miles or so out of the way. However I  super curious to check out port Angeles and Forks. 

Wool underwear are good for a lot of things. Bike touring is not one of them. 

I left the peninsula decision up to Mikal, she's the one who hates touring in the rain. I feel it doesn't get much wetter than the Kenai Fjords National Park. 

Mikal turned left! Looks like we are looking for Jacob ; )

If only we knew these existed before the tour...


Not sure how much of the peninsula we will get to see. Fingered crossed. I'm glad we made this decision.

Sometimes it's ok to miss your turn. 

If they keep putting berry bushes on our route we will never make it anywhere. I guess that's ok.  

We are having a hell of a time biking down the discovery path. Thick clumps of blackberries everywhere. It is taking all our will power not to stop.

The bike path went all the way to port Angeles. It felt like a dream! Not havin to worry about traffic. We came around the corner and the right opened up into ocean. The town circled out into the sea very similar to Marquette and Lake Superior.

  

It felt a lot like biking home. 

Cold and hungry. A few more miles to the camp ground and we round the corner and bike straight into crab fest. 

We were standing by our bikes after devouring some snacks and a lady wakes up and asked I we knew where we were staying. She immodestly invited us to her house. 

This is so much different than my first tour. So relaxed, it's really nice having Mikal by my side.

I should not be allowed into a grocery store...

1 comment:

  1. Hey...it was sure encouraging to chat with you guys today in the bike shop in sequim! My son (Tayden) and i have been wanting to go on a bike tour for some time and have allowed the business of life to get in the way. So after running into you guys today, it has enspired us to start planning our tour! Be safe on the rest of your ride and please let us know if we can be of any help! My name is Matt cell:3604478050 makaio.toledo@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete