Saturday, May 14, 2011

Day 4- Curtis to Mackinaw

We got up at six because Zack never found his wallet so he had to take the bus. He hated it just as much as I did, can't believe 16 was already five years ago. Made and AMAZING egg sandwich and had coffee with Mike before the set me off. It was nice to be on the road by 7:30. It was gonna be a long day.

Going through Curtis in the morning was nice. I stopped at the old corner store my cousins and I used to play put put at then made my way down to highway 2. I had the wind to my back so that was nice. I made a few stops to walk around and stretch. My favorite is the rest stops that have the board with all the milages on them.
It was nice to stop and hike under the cut river bridge. Joe (my bike partner in crime) told me he met a guy who fell off it, over a hundred feet, landed in a soft pile of dirt and survived!

The hills going into St. Ignace were brutal, but going down sure was fun. Stopped at family dollar and bought $4.50 worth of food. Strapped the ramen noodles to the back of my bike and headed to Shepler's.

I waved as the boat was pulling out, it was cold so I was bummed I missed it, but they came back, it was just Mike practicing spinning in and docking. I watched for a while, he is a natural. Then went in and said hey to some old coworkers and made some food.

I looked out the window and see this guy starring at my bike. I knew it was my friend Zach and ran out to say hey. We got coffee and chatted in the office, a few others joined us, then I hopped over to the Island and back into Mackinaw City. It felt really good to be back at work and I was tempted, for a second, to skip the trip and tend to my bank account.

There wasn't much going on, too early in the season. However all the new changes looked great and it was refreshing to see the people who were up there. I ended up crashing at the Shack with Mike and Zach, all of us were pretty wiped out so it was a nice relaxing evening. Oh, and thanks Mike for doing my laundry, and Zach for making me dinner : ).

Miles: 67




No comments:

Post a Comment