Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Road Trip Day Two













The weather is still yuck yuck but breakfast was good so I'm happy. The only one who isn't cooperating is tom tom. And he goes dont dodda da!, every time we go over the speed limit. My grandma likes to remind my grandpa of the speed limit every time this happens. Now she's driving and my grandpa is returning the favor, she just ignores him...












We just stopped in Canajoharie, looked like an old western town plopped in foothills. Tom Tom took us to a water fall for our picnic lunch. Ended up just being the side of the road in front of an old farmhouse. Beautiful!










I don't know wether to call them hills or mountains, but we drove through them and they were beautiful! I can't believe how green everything is up here (New York, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire). Portsmouth, where we are staying, is probably one of the coolest cities I have seen, I didn't want to look because we ride through it next week. We got pretty lost trying to find our hotel, the one on Tom Tom didn't exist and the one I saw from the expressway was next to a roundabout...




It's still gross weather, the guy at the check in counter told us the storm came from the Bahamas and a cold front made it get stuck right above us for who knows how long. He also liked grandpa and the idea of the bike trip and upgraded us to a suite with a kitchen and bathroom bigger than the room we stayed in last night (he wanted to make sure we had room for our bikes, I like him).

Dinner was AMAZING! We ate at the diner in the hotel, beef stew for gram, chicken pot pies and a beer for Gramps and Joe, then a fish sandwich and waffle fries for me. I have never been so full as to turn down chocolate. After G&G taught us a new card game, Phase Ten. It got a little competitive, but in the end Gram kicked our butts. I am really happy because everyone seems to be in good spirits.




P.S. This is a picture of my bike and that little white thing on the spoke is my gum I threw out the window 200 miles ago.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment