Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Day 5- Mackinaw to Cheboygan

I figure while I'm in this car I could finish up blogging about the rest of my trip home. Sorry about no pictures, don't have the computer with me.

I stuck around Mackinaw during the day, got my paperwork for work all filled out, helped clean up the shack (even though Mike has it pretty spotless this year) and did a little more research for the Atlantic Coast trip.

I ended up riding to Cheboygan around seven to pick up a script and stay with Andy and his mom. It was a quick trip and first rime touring in the dark. Thank goodness Joe hooked me up with a headlight.

I love staying with Andy and his mom. Rachel makes really good food and they make me feel like part of the family.

Andy was out with some friends so Rachel and I hung out watching N.C.I.S. and she fed me pizza and Klondike bars : ) during commercials she told me the story of when she was in school and bet this kid in her class he couldn't walk from Cheboygan to Indian River. Well their teacher made a day of it and they walked. They made it thirteen miles before she picked them up and took them out for pizza.

I was just about passed out when Andy came home with Zach, another good friend from work. I was ecstatic to see him cause he joined the marines and has been away at boot camp. We started chatting, then they thought it would be a good idea to have some beers and watch Hott Fuzz, the dumbest movie in the world. What a great night!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment