Tuesday, May 24, 2011

May 24- Ice cream for breakfast














So this morning was full of tears. Tears of gratefulness for this family. Lin was rushing to get the horses ready and take Meg to Vermont but still had all the time to make us coffee and tell us stories about when all the hockey boys lived with them. They all loved here so much and I can see why,'so full of love and energy, she would do anything for a person and often does.













For breakfast Lin dropped us off at grandma Mimi's for here special waffle breakfast. They weren't a kidden. When we walked in from packing up our bikes there was a massive waffle piled with strawberries, blueberries, and ice cream, yes, ice cream :).

It was so nice too because Dan and Cassie stopped in to say goodbye and wish us luck before heading out for Dan's birthday breakfast. They are such good people, I have a hard time leaving them behind.














So today's a fresh start, clean clothes, full bellies, new friends and SUN! However I'm a little stressed. Joe will be heading home now out of Boston and I wasn't able to catch the kid I was supposed to ride with to D.C. I know I will meet good people and it will work out, but it is taking a toll on my stress level.














The ride so far has been beautiful, I think we even passed the Bush house. I already miss the families. I'm too emotional sometimes.













We met a couple near Kittybunk that asked us if we needed a place and invited us in for snacks. He is into biking too and did his first tour when he was eighteen. We kept going across the bridge to Portsmouth, out of Maine and into New Hampshire. A huge storm was coming so we ducked into the cafe, me a guy who hitchhiked to Flint and the waitress who is our age is taking us in for the night. I'm so happy, but just so drained.

We got pizza from the cafe for dinner and Al drove us around U of H's campus and gave us a tour before getting to her apartment. She said her roommate would be home with a buddy and they played football, but that didn't prepare me for the two MASSIVE, good looking, soft spoken boys in the living room. Al gave us a beer, i took a shower by candlelight, (i guess the last room mate took the lightbulbs when she moved out) and we all sat around chit chatting before passing out.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone




No comments:

Post a Comment