Saturday, May 21, 2011

May 21- Slugs in Searsport- May 21st





















Last night was the warmest I've been sleeping outside, that tent helps a lot! It was super wet outside this morning when we got up at six. There was a good size crawler in Joe's shoe and a few slugs trying to steal away in my tent. Now it's back to dunkin doughnuts, coffee for Joe and a place to clean up for me :) today looks like more rain, thank you Bahamas.




























The fog and rain was so bad, riding into Belfast was out of this world. We got pretty lost and then Joe made the light and I got stopped. As I was turning I heard some people holler out,"where are you from!? Where are you going!?" when I hollered back florida, their arms went up in cheers. We got talking and they

















gave me muffins! I loved them instantly. They had done a bike trip west to east back in 97, that's how they ended up in maine, caused they liked it so much. They asked if I wanted to stay but they were kinda close for our goal, but we swapped info anyways and hugged goodbye. I couldn't stop thinking about how amazing they were.

Joe was long gone and I was pretty lost. I met this seventh grader on his bike and we rode around town together until I found my way, which happened to be up the first hill I had to walk my bike up.





































The route was so AMAZING but those hills turned into mountains. I found an beautiful lake nestled in the hills where I plopped down to eat my muffin and got talking to a sixty seven year old lady who has hiked all over England, Scotland, and other places around the world. People like that inspire me, they have a different outlook on life and seem to know what really matters and milk it for all it's worth.

I decided while eating that muffin I wanted to stay with those people. The said tonight was game night, and I love games!
















I walked my bike up another hill and decided my next stop was the post office. At the top I met another family, one girl was playing soccer and the other selling eggs. The mom had done a bike trip in California. Do all the adventurous people live in Maine? She told me how to get into Camden, and I was gonna meet a hill I wasn't gonna like.
















I didn't like the hill, not AT all. But getting into Camden was so worth it. Amazing bustling port city. Some of the tallships were even there! At the post office I had ten minutes. I ripped everything out of my bike as people came from all over to talk to me, one even offered me a place to stay. The post office guy was impatient but I ended up finding this pink box I almost fit my stuff in. I shed six pounds!

I got to the house and joe was in eating pizza and drinking a beer. They told us all about their bike trip across the states and we looked at there scrap book of it. They were gonna have a game night so Tracy and Dave were cooking so we helped set up.

Game night was awesome! There were so many people over, I think about twenty and all into gardening. The food was so good and everyone was so nice. They all wanted to hear about the trip and help us out. One couple said I reminded them of their daughter and gave me here number knowing she could help. They were an amazing group of people.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone




No comments:

Post a Comment