Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Day 6- Cheboygan to Gaylord

I guess we drank more beers than I thought. I woke up at eleven thirty, not the seven o'clock I had planned, to a counter full of bottles and a grinning Rachel ( the, I told you so kind of mom thing grin) We made breakfast and she packed me some lunch. Andy never really got up but he didn't punch me when I went in to say goodbye.

I was on the road around 12:30. There wasn't a cloud in the sky and man it was warm.

Everyone likes to ask me if my butt gets soar, I always just smiled and told them it didn't. But man oh man today was different.The last 200 miles finally caught up to me, wedgies and a soar butt from the beginning. My body was punishing me for those beers.

I rode into Indian river and had lunch near the river, rode down 27 in the middle of no where for what seemed like up hill and forever. I think the whole way to Gaylord was uphill. I was so happy get there I could have cried, then I realized I still had twelve more miles in to the wind to where I was staying and did cry. But I ate the rest of my chocolate bar in the Koles parking lot and got over it.

It was so good to get there! Terry and Ann (my dads girlfriends parents) are so pleasant! They are also vegetarians, I don't know what they fed me but man after that killer day of riding I shoveled it in.

It was great to get a shower, but man I had a terrible sun burn with awesome tan lines on the top halves of my hands. We chatted a bit and watched this murder mystery movie before Terry and I made some peanut butter and jelly toast and I passed out.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone


No comments:

Post a Comment