Tuesday, November 18, 2014

San Luis Obispo

The boys are spread out around San Luis Obispo, or what the locals like to call SLO. We stayed with this amazing collection of outdoor guides last night. There are ten of them living in the house and part of their agreement is to take in couch surfers. However we may have overstayed our welcome and there was a misscommuniation  about where the boys were staying. One of the housemates thought they were tenting in the yard and locked all the doors so they had to break in through the window last night. Not sure how that one is gonna fly so we are gonna meet back up at the house in a few hours and try to leave on any decent note we can.

Yesterday was our fastest day of riding. We made it 50 miles form San Simeon to SLO in three hours. Not necessarily the type of touring pace I enjoy. The boys were too fast for me and I kept loosing them. I was a bit frustrated from being dehydrated, loosing my maps and not knowing the plan. Also one of the slower boys who tagged on stayed a foot of my tail for a lot of the ride. Finally I told him to back off. The last thing I wanted was to blast him in the face with a snot rocket.

I had a date last night. kinda. It felt good to get cleaned up and feel like a real girl. I was too exhausted to hold much of a conversation and I kept aborting sentences and probably made no sense However it was nice to catch up with this friend who I met out at the lodge this summer and get some Thai Food.

Went out with the boys after. Checked out some live music at Frog and Preach and watched John smooze the girls at wood stocks and get us an extra cheese pizza.


No comments:

Post a Comment