Sunday, November 2, 2014

Gualala

We had a terrifying bike ride yesterday. The others are ok I think my antibiotics make me feel unstable next to the 700 foot cliffs. 

We found the campground in Gualala, it's closed. It's dark. They are worried about getting in trouble, I'm worried about getting murdered by a psychopath. 

The road down to the campground is patched and potted and about to shake my bike apart. I can't see a dang thing, light is in my handle bar bag and I can't break with one arm too good tonght it on the down hill.

I think we are surrounded by read woods, it's eerily quiet and not a soul around. No service. We set up camp and make dinner. Chips, salsa, turkey, peanut butter, bread, a schmorgus Borg or random traveling food. Mel shared her back lava with us for desert and we hit the hay. 

I was almost asleep when Mel whisperd over to me. "Hey, hey you hear that?" I didn't, it brought me back to when Zak and I were winter kayak camping out of Seward an I thought I heard a crazy man or wolves. "It's right next to my tent" 

"Willie!!!" We both yell. "Will you get ou and check for critters!" Mel screams and we can hear animals fighting right out our tents.

No comments:

Post a Comment