Sunday, July 10, 2011

July 10

I'm so mad at myself, I cant believe I didn't think if this earlier. A lot of people bike across the country to raise money for a charity. I didn't realize that until I was on the road and didn't want to be asking people for money. But I've met some people that have it set up all online and that seems the way to do it. Then it was the matter of what charity, something that meant something to me. Well yesterday it hit me. I know it's to late, maybe even for
The program too, but there is A united states Olympic education center at my school and some of it's programs could use some help. Some of my best friends were in the program, world class athletes from all over coming to little ol Marquette Michigan to peruse their Olympic dreams and get an education. However every year is a constant battle for funds and one by one I have had to say goodbye to my friends and they have to give up an opportunity of a lifetime. Now I'm no expert in the area, I don't know details. I just see how hard these kids work every day, so far from home. Many of them don't even get the chance to see family on holidays. I hate watching them have to leave everything they have worked so hard for because of money.

Woah ok, had to get that off my chest.

I'm all smiles this morning. Chris's family (also a member of the usoec weightlifting program) are just down right cool. I slept like a rock in this HUGE comfy bed and woke up to hugs, smiling faces and breakfast. Conversation comes so easy with this family.

After breakfast was Christmas. They are Advocare distributers and had so many products my jaw was on the floor. I couldn't imagine starting off with stuff like this. I would have been so much healthier and felt so much better. Live n learn.

Well try pretty much loaded me up, rehydrated powder, meal replacements, energy gels, breakfast bars, even oatmeal and raisins! I felt like I was on a commercial.

We also weighed Patty for the first time with all her gear. She was heavier than I thought, but not as heavy as I know she has been.

They also called Brian, their son in daytona, to set me up with a place to stay. He is already figuring out food and friends and more people down the way to stay with. I can't describe how good that makes me feel, to have support and be safe.

So we took our pictures and said our goodbyes,
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone




Location:Palmera Dr E,,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment