Friday, July 1, 2011

July 1






I didn't sleep to well at the fire house, despite it was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on, just to much on my mind and sleeping with one eye open kind of thing.

I woke up at 545 and one of the guys, said he was gonna wake me up. I packed up and when I opened the door to leave they both got up and hugged me goodbye.







This might be the earliest I have been on the road. The town is still sketchy at six in the morning, a few people pushing shopping carts.







I met up with the guys at McDonalds and paid like 328 for the worst breakfast sandwich.

We all almost just died. The road we are taking into charlston is a huge trucking road with no shoulder. There was a big truck coming toward us and one behind. Usually they slow
Down and wait to pass, but this jerk sped up and passed us at the same time as the other guy. I thought we were dead and just screamed and it knocked chris off his bike. They are taking a smoke break...

The fire ants are killer out here..







I'm pretty super bummed. We got to the gas station in Jamestown and were about to leave and my tire was low. We tried to pump it up and there was something messed up with the valve. Both the guys tried but we all failed. I pulled the tube out and it was ripped at the valve. I put another one in but must have pinched it because it wouldn't hold air either.

The guys were all about calling a cab after the truck incident. Chris was already calling companies, alex lookin for the patch kit, and I was calling warm showers.

Chris got a minivan cab, alex didn't find a patch kit, then a guy from warm showers called me back and was bummed we already called a cab because he could have gotten us a ride. We are bummed too. I HATE spending money on stuff like this when I don't have to.

The cab guy wouldn't even pick us up, said chris's card was bad and Leo sayin we were shistin him. But as that convo was goin on to older south Carolina guys asked us if we needed a ride. They ha a pickup and were goin to Charleston.







We waited for the trooper to leave before loading up the truck. The bikes fit in perfect with enough room for the guys to sit in back and I sat between the Ralf and uncle Jesse in the cab.




















Patty is so sick, there was a leak in the back tire too. The front wheel is crooked, the tape protecting the tube from the spokes was all crooked and he said I need a new chain and cassette, something about a 1% whatever. I just can't afford that right now.

I'm so tired I can feel myself chokin up a bit.

The damage wasn't as bad as I expected, I didn't go with the cassette and chain. I just hope she has another thousand miles in her.

I defiantly just ate two mcchickens and I'm so ready for a beer and a nap, just gotta figure out where I'm goin to stay.




We got through the construction mess going into Charleston, and over the bridge. Uncle Jesse called cause they drove over and saw us, wanted to make sure we were ok, what good people.



I'm so exhausted I can hardly stand it, I'm grumpy and stressed and feel like I could break down at any second.

We lost chris at the light, I found the park parked patty, pulled out some clothes to lay on and just chilled out. But of coarse I can't sleep because there are bugs crawling all over me and biting and I still don't know where I'm gonna stay.

So I found a place to stay. I decided to check out warm showers and there was a 22 year old less than a kilometer away.




So jeff is pretty much one of the coolest guys I have ever met. He picked me up after work in the park right before it started storming. We got patty into his little toyota and I got a shower and we went out to taco boy for drinks and food.






We were sittin at the bar, his Roomate is a bar tender here. We got frozen screwdrivers with a shot of grande marnier. Then we needed to move outside and I seethis girl who looks a lot like the girl I went to highschool with. I kinda just stared at her until the guy she was talking to told her to turn around. I was like, is your last na, GRACE!!!!! Oh my goodness it was Lindsey Maloney!! How does that happen? We have known eachother since middleschool!


Heads shots tails appeetivo, I love charleston!!!!

Holy cow this is awesome




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:N Olive St,Andrews,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment