Monday, July 11, 2011

July 11

So I'm pretty tired and no wanting to get up but not able to fall back asleep. Denise and Toby are on the couch in the living room playing games. That's what's cool about this family, they seem more like buddies than mom and son, not to mention Denise looks like she's 18.













Mike got up and made blueberry granola pancakes, they were great.

I'm so tired and comfortable sittin on this amazing couch in the air conditioning watching the food channel. I really am in no hurry to get on the road and the kid I'm stayin with tonight is in daytona, so just like 25 miles down the road.













We dragged out feet till noon. Denise made me a ton of granola and we hopped in the truck to take me back to A1A. It was really nice talking with her on the ride back and when we got there she had a few little parting gifts. The first was a McDonalds gift card, can't really go wrong there. Then a bracelet from overseas that she tied on my wrist next to the one I made with my hitchbiking friends on the Ocracoke ferry.

It's so go but it's raining, riding in the rain is ALMOST as good as dancing in it.





































Well it's done raining and back to sweltering. I think I found where all the money in the world is, houses on a1a..

I'm staying with the brother of a friend slash son of the family from ponte vedra in Daytona tonight. I don't know where he lives yet and I know he has to work at the lab at school so I have some time to kill.

I found a bike shop in Ormomd. I just needed to pump up my tires and clean my chain, but the AC felt so nice I just took my time and chilled.

So this bike shop is kinda like the north pole. A guy who said he was in the DEA just offered to buy me new tires and the guys from the shop pulled out a bunch of expired good and powerbars and said I could take what I wanted.











It's only eleven miles to Brian's place, but it's so muggy humid hott I'm just dripping. It just rained too so I'm dodging lizards and swimming in gnats. They are in my eyes, my hair, covering my chest an arms, looked like a semi flew through a mud puddle next to me but the mud specks are strugglin against their sweat bead prisions. Really uncomfortable.

I got to brians apartment complex and he met me outside. Super nice kid right from the bat. He was a little flustered from havin a rough day at school so he like me, just wants to chill.

He helps me get patty into the garage and bring in all my bags. His apartment is PERFECT. I can't believe TWO boys live here, I wish my roommates were that clean.

We go next store to see his girlfriend, her name is Gracie too and is super sweet. They figure out plans, I shower and we all hop in the car to go grocery shopping, man I love the grocery store.

I think we all just stars at icecream for 22 minutes.




Gracie made garlic bread and some awesome mac n cheese with crumbs on it and Brian cooked up some stiffed talipia. We sat at the table like a family, so cute :)





He shows me around and gets me situated while he hops in the shower and I play with his new baby kitten him and his girlfriend saved off the side of the road. She is in attack mode and keeps trying to hide in my handlebar bag, I knew I should have picked up a kitten for the ride. I would train it to be my ferocious guard cat.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone



Location:S Clyde Morris Blvd,Port Orange,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment