Monday, July 4, 2011

July 4th

It's seven in the morning, patty is in the back seat of the car and Jeff is driving me down 17 until we find a safe place to drop me off.

I'm not meeting up with the guys, I'll be in savannah in two days and I pray 17 is good between savannah and Jacksonville.

My throat is a little soar, that's a first for the trip, hope it goes away and doesn't come back.

I hope I can find a safe place to stay in Beaufort tonight.

We found a gas station about fifteen or so miles out of charleston. Jeff put patty back together and I shooed him off before I cried. I HATE saying goodbye.

17 isn't to bad, there isn't really a shoulder but the roads are wide and the traffic is light.

So I found a place to stay in beaufort. I pulled off to the side of the road to fill up bottles and take a break. It's so hott and there is no shade. This part of 17 has just been paved so all I can smell is the tar and the heat comin off the new black pavement.

Anyways Evan from
Couch surfing called me back and said he was in town for the weekend and I could stay with him. He is on base though so I would have to meet him somewhere.

I'm a little nervous. I have heard bad things about marines.

Well I got into beaufort a lot faster than I thought. Couldn't really find the place where he was supposed to pick me up, but after a dew tries I got it. I was just about to send my postcards from north Carolina when he pulled up in a silver pickup. I guys there is room in his car for Patty.

I got a really good vibe when I met him, just a good chill guy, helped me with patty and the bags and got me on base.

I can't believe how clean his room is, everything is so organized, impressive for a guy. I got a good cold shower. We hung out for a bit then headed to food lion to get beer brots and ten other things for his friends cookout. Man I love the grocery store.

I can't believe how nice all his friends are. Its crazy most of them are married so young. I met the girls first, they were so friendly and the food was AWESOME.

Outside they were playing corn hole and the couple from Byron Michigan has the cutest twin boys.

We tried tried to go to the fireworks but Evans night driving skills are about as good as mine so we missed ten and just met up with friends at the bar.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone







Location:Sumter St,Charleston,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment