Friday, July 15, 2011

July 15

I'm so hott and tired I can hardly stand it. I don't know why I couldn't sleep, it's so frustrating because there is no way to sleep in in the mornings, it's like 90 degrees and full on sun by seven.

I pulled my tent over by the picnic table to try and get a little shade. My feet were dirty so I let them hang out the tent and try to get a breeze, now I have sand fleas and ants eatin me for breakfast, I could cry.

It's still so hott so I went and rinsed off in the shower, dragged my tent over to some other shrubs and tried to go back to sleep, useless.

I get up again as a ranger drives by, I can't believe he didn't say anything to me, I'm not supposed to be here. I could care less, it's better than psycho killers.

I gave up trying to sleep around nine. I put my suit on and went back to the shower then packed as much as I could before I started dripping sweat and went back to the showers, just like the last campground.

There are bugs everywhere, I feel like a buffet table.

I don't know where I'm staying tonight, tomorrow night, or any nights until i go home. I don't even know how I'm getting home. Well, i have a flight out of orlando the 20th, but thats like 200 miles north of me. I figure ill just jump a train or bus, bur I'm worried about patty. I don't want to leave her.

I'm so tempted to get a hotel with air conditioning and sleep until tomorrow morning.

Well I made it a few miles down the road to Wendy's, and chilled out there a bit trying to recoup.

I made it to Juno beach, it must be huge because the road is lined with parked cars and showers, beautiful.










I stopped at the pier so I could sit in the shade after swimming. The water is so clear I can't believe it.

Something just jumped near me and my red instantly darted down and i saw two HUGE fish. "HOLY S$&T" a guy and his kids laughed next to me. "what ARE those!?" "snook" he told me. "they won't bother you"

So I swam with te big fish and the little boy next to me snickered when one of them jumped and I screamed. After the quick dip I sat behind a Mexican family in the shade under the peer, I sure do love listening to other languages.

On the road again took me away from the water and back onto congested 1. I found a McDonalds though and used my last free salad coupon from Donna.

I rode into Jupiter. All I could think was, boys go to Jupiter to get more stupider.

I met this old guy on a bike, he seemed nice, but as we parted ways he said,"well grace, I hope we meet again" I mean it doesn't sound to weird, but it was.

Today is really hard. The heat, wind, traffic and sun is soaking up the little bit of grace I have left. If I had a million dollars I would be passed out on a comfy couch in air conditioning surrounded by fresh mangos, ice water and a kitty.

I really really don't like riding through the ghettos, all the shady spots are always taken.

There were a lot of big bridges today, they made me feel my legs for the first time since Virginia. It's amazing how not tired they get.










So I'm at the campground in lake Worth. One of the first things they teach in outdoor survival skills is NOT to camp by water. So I was pumped they were gonna put me by the bathrooms until I mentioned shade. Well, now I have to pee but a huge shadow of a rat looking critter just passed my tent. I told him to go away but I don't think he speaks English.

I heard something outside by my bike. I don't want to get out of my tent because of the bugs but something is DEFIANTLY getting into my stuff. I can't see anything with my light so unzip my tent a little, turn the flash on my iPhone, and snap a picture.




It comes back all grey with two glowing lights, eyeballs. Shit. I get out of my tent and leap onto the picnic table so I look nigh and nothing attacks me. I don't see anything so I crawl down to check out the damage. I CAN'T believe it. Whatever it was unzipped my back bag, dug out my breakfast bag from the bottom, and ANAHIALATED it.


There is oatmeal, granola an coffee beans EVERYWHERE. I do my best to clean it up and move what's left of my granola bag to another site to keep the critters away. There really isn't anything left they can get into, so I go back to bed.




It's two in the morning and I'm standing on the picnic table in
My underwear watching this raccoon ear handfuls o my food while he just looks up at me. I can't believe it, I try to shoo him away but he just watches me and eats like namnamnamnamnam. I'm so tired and have no idea what to do. I unclip what's left of my food bag, round two ate my raisins and meal replacement shake. I have this bag in my hand, in my underwear, at two in the morning in this campground in Florida with Bo idea what to do. For a second I debated just standing there like that for
The rest of the night, but I was SO tired. I couldn't tie it up and the campground didn't have any bins I could store it in, so I did the dumbest thing I could do, brought it into my tent.

I figured it would be ok if I put it in my smelly asics bag and covered it with dirty bike shorts. Must have done the trick,
Cause they didn't bother me after that.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:N US Highway 1,Tequesta,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment