Thursday, July 7, 2011

July 7









The Indian family who own this hotel I decided are the nicest people. I didn't expect continental with such a low price but as I walked in one of the gentleman was putting on a pot of coffee. It wasn't much, just that and a few muffins, but it's the little things like that that make me smile. I don't think he spoke English though, cause when I tried to thank him he just babbled and smiled.

I slept pretty well and I think a huge thunderstorm went through last night so I'm pretty glad I went with the hotel.

As for my body and the crash yesterday, it's not to bad, actually a little unbelievable. My elbow is a little stiff and will be pretty colors soon, but better than when I went to bed. Still can't breath out my nose, but that's just from all the snot.










The boys got ahold of me last night. I had for sure thought they would be in Florida by now, but they are only in Reidsville and that's inland a little behind me. They took a rest day on the fourth and got hit with hills and rain.




Something is wrong with Patty's back wheel. The pressure is really low which is frustrating because I just had her tires taken apart and fixed a few days ago in charleston, new tubes and all. I should have known in savannah when I pumped them up, it was at 45 psi.

I lost my valve converter to be able to pump them up at gas stations, I guess that's ok, I'd probably blow them up.

I have 57 miles to the next bike shop.

I'll hand pump her up at the next gas station.

Ok the next gas station without bars on the windows..











I Think I've been drinking swamp water, guess we'll find out in a few hours eh?












Well I didn't get sick, but it sure is hott and so humid I need gills to breath.

Whoever designed the shoulder getting into Brunswick needs to know the wake up bumps go on the side by the white line, they are gonna get me killed.

I made it to the bike shop. I was a little nervous at first, it was a bike and mower shop. I walked in and there was a huge long hair calico cat lounging on the counter and two really friendly guys. We took the back tire apart. It all comes back to that flat I had in Colombia Pennsylvania. The glass pushed through the tire and that little hole has been creatin pinch flats ever since.

We taped a chunk of bar tape over the hole, hopefully that will keep me goin till the end of the trip.

I found subway and plan on chillen here until I find a place to sleep or the heat dies a little more.

I was sittin in subway and this real pretty black girl walked in. She ate for a bit and when I grabbed my trash on the way to the bathroom she said something like bye now have a nice day. I wasn't sure if she was talkin to me so I was extra polite when I walked back out. Then she goes, "so did you ride the whole way here?" the whole way from where I thought. "I rode from Maine." her expression didn't change as she munched on her sandwich and after a slight pause, "is that far?"

I sent out a few couch surfing requests and ended up calling an rv park. I wasn't expecting much after being shot down yesterday, but the lady on the phone assured me they had tent sites, even primitive ones! That meant I was most likely gonna be able to afford a safe place to stay. I was right, 15 bucks :)

The city was so gorgeous, but it looked like a storm was coming so i didn't go exploring.

I went over another one of those big white suspension bridges. There were a few people walking and running and biking. One of the bikers caught up to me and we had a quick convo on the decent.

On the other side it was back to the sleep bumps on the shoulder. I rode on the white line or an inch or so right of it, whenever I hit the bumps patty shook so bad and I couldn't see a thing out my mirror. I'm pretty sure I still got flicked off..

I got to the park and the little ok lady who checked me in was a sweetheart and told me about when she was younger and took a van all over the country. Then she asked if I had a tv. I laughed and looked out the window at Patty.

I set up my tent under a tarp without the rain fly. I want to try and not drown in my sweat tonight. Took a shower in swamp water and just chilled on a bench in front of a tree that was smilin at me.

It's dark now and I can hear sticks breaking a few feet from my tent, sweet.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone







Location:U.S. 17,Richmond Hill,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment