Sunday, June 12, 2011

June 12

I'm not really sure what to do right now. I didnt really sleep last night cause i was so worried about my friend. He didn't answer his phone and didn't get home until around six this morning. I know I need to get on the road, I have a big day ahead of me but I am also shaky with exhaustion. Its ten in the morning and I can't go back to sleep.

I can't do this today. I'm such a wreck. I can't breath I'm crying so hard and i feel like I'm gonna puke. I knew what I was getting myself into when I left this morning and I almost did stay, I probably should have. I don't know where I'm sleeping tonight and I'm about to be back in the rural foothills. I'm so lonely I can hardly stand it but i can't talk to anyone in this state.

However I did get saved this morning. I was goin down the trail when this touring enthuist caught up to me. He took my picture, asked about my trip and wanted to see my maps. I was on the wrong trail,'just barley though. If I would have kept going it would have dumped me off in the middle of nowhere. I don't know how these people find me, or for how the most part it seems to always work out just before disaster, but it does. I do have faith. I will keep moving forward.

I got caught in a thunderstorm in lorton va. There was a comfort in right across the street so I called my dad to talk it over, after a day like today I am willing to throw down fifty bucks for my sanity.

129 dollars! Then she looked at me and was like wait, I got my hopes up. It was clear that I had been crying. I mean 159 dollars. I lost it instantly, I couldn't say a word to her, just wheeled patty out the door and back to burgerking as it started pouring.

I heard someone go hey Hun you ok? I couldn't talk, just managed a so so hand gesture. He's like what do you need, food? I can bring you food. Shelter? He took my number.

About twenty minutes later I was looking to see if there were any woods around here to camp in and he calls me back saying he can meet me at like eight.

Then he calls again and says his roomates sent gonna fuck with that, letting me stay so I can stay at his friends house but he has to stay there too because he doesn't know me. I tell him I understand and just need a place to punt my tent and he says that's not the point, a white girl shouldn't be out here and he just wants me to have a safe place to lay my head. He's gonna call me back. I'm so tired.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone




2 comments:

  1. Hope you are okay Gracie...Please be careful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Grace!!

    I had to talk to you.....wow!!! you have gotten pretty far from CT. You would not believe all the people that you came in contact here. They keep asking about you and where you are now!!! All the kids thought were "pretty cool" You rock......If I wasn't still teaching, I would run away, meet up w/you and bike....you and phatty, we would be a combo!
    Di my first 8 miles today....thought of you! It was so cool! I think I saw you cheering me on.....I even had on the pre wrap someone made me! Call anytime....I will try to make you smile! Chow chica! Be safe!

    ReplyDelete