Wednesday, June 8, 2011

June 8

I have come to the realization I am homeless. I think I figured that out after making ramen noodles in the park in Philly. It is a humbling thought and a lesson i hope stays with me the rest of my life. There is no drama here. I wake up look forward to finding a bathroom and breakfast. I ride my bike and hope the traffic is light or there is a wide shoulder. I cross my fingers the hills won't be bad and that the weather is decent. That's just a little of what I think about, the thoughts come and go, its becoming a very in the moment trip. I have faith that everything happens for a reason and keep pushing forward.

This morning Toby woke me up a quarter after six. I could feel the miles from yesterday and knew today was going to be a scorcher, i just wanted five more minutes.

Marvin took me out to breakfast. The place was once a barn converted into an icecream place when breakfast wasn't being served. I was not impressed but I am not about to bash a free meal so ill say it was AMAZING.

I set Marvin's thank you card on the counter then he walked right over and opened it in front of me. He helped me pack up my bike and gave me a wool sock to keep my water bottle cool. He really is a nice guy.

I was on the road before eight and it was already pretty hott. But I was riding through the fields of Amish country so there was an amazing breeze.







I went hiking a little outside of Colombia. The view of the river was spectacular and it was cool in the shade.

I just got my first flat going down that hill. The view was awesome until I heard my bike hissing. Here was a thumbnail piece of glass lodged in my back tire.

Once that was taken car of I crossed the bridge to get to the bike shop. The guy was so nice, pumped up my tire and rewrapped one of my handlebars.




I'm hiding out now in a little park by the river waiting for the heat to break. It is not as glorious as it sounds, I am covered in ants and just discovered I have a neighbor, a half rotten groundhog.

I found a free campground only six miles from the resting spot. I called the guy and I'm not sure when the last time he talked to someone was because he kept me on the phone for twenty minutes.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:S Front St,Wrightsville,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment