Saturday, June 25, 2011

June 25

Finally slept in, almost till nine. Rand and Aaron are still passed out and uncle Tom and Aunt Deborah are out looking for rummage sales.







When they got home Aunt Deborah made some awesome breakfast and did my laundry. I didn't have any clothes to wear so she gave me one of her nightgowns. It was really comfy but then the neighbors started coming over. It's like a big family neighborhood over here. I like it.







Olivia, the nine year old from across the cul de sac is pretty not shy and a like granddaughter over here. She was hanging out and went with me, Aaron and Ali, Aaron's dog, for a walk around the lakepond they have out behind the house.







Aaron took me out to Bojangles for the first time and we got chicken biscuit sandwiches. I said I wanted a coffee and the lady behind me goes, oh no you don't hunny, it'll put hair on your chest. That happens to be how I like my coffee and ordered it anyway as she went off on a tangent talking about Yankees.

So if Bojangles wasn't southern enough we went over to Walmart to window shop.







Aunt Deborah made me cards with my blog information on them. That's going to make life so much easier. Then she made some blueberry cobbler and bellybuttons while Aaron made chicken wings on the grill. I'm being so spoiled, getting back on the rode in this heat is gonna be a slap in the face.

There are so many parties going on, two with the neighborhood and one with Eric and Kelsey down the road. I really wish my good luck was better at spreading itself out.

Paul came over today too who've was really nice. It's been over a decade since I have seen him, he's even married now. It feels so nice just to chill around the house with family, so comfortable, AND Aunt Deborah bought me a BIG jar of peanut butter :)

Aunt Deborah and uncle Tom went to another neighborhood party and Aaron and I putzed around till eight when we made our way to the festivities across the street.

Everyone in this neighborhood is so friendly and their get-togethers feel like family reunions. We all drank beer, ate food, and mingled. Somehow I got sat down at the cake table, North Carolina is spoiling me.

The United States was playing Mexico in soccer for some big game at nine so Aaron disappeared to another neighbors house to watch it because we don't have the channel. I stayed a bit longer and talked with Jan, the owner of the soccer channel house, before heading over there myself.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Mistyridge Rd,Holly Springs,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment