Thursday, June 9, 2011

June 9

I'm either over my fear of camping alone or am just to tired to care. I slept pretty well till i saw a message from my friend in dc about a barbecue, I was so excited I was tempted to hop on my bike and make a break for
It. Some how I managed to wait until five thirty.













I was on the road around six thirty when I saw frank with his
Wife and dog and the invited me in for coffee. I'm not one to pass up free things and good company. They made me breakfast and gave me bananas too :)

So I'm totally lost in the woods right now, so much for getting up at five to beat the heat. It's about 102 and not a cloud in the sky.

It's so hott and I took a wrong turn an now I'm so lost and confused. I'm hiding inside of a dentistry stairway near sweet air trying to bring my temp back down. I'm so tired I know im gonna start crying.

The lady that works at the office told me to come upstairs and I could get water and use the bathroom and stay for as long as I need. I think I'll drink another bottle of water, make some food then make a break for the state park just outside of Baltimore.













It really is amazing how good people can be. I was leaving the dentist when a big black truck pulled up next to me with a little girl in the passenger seat. They asked where I was going and were so supportive. Skyler, the little girl is just six and can already bike seven miles! A little further down the road I see them again and I give them my blog and they wish me luck. Then, seven miles down the road I'm about to make a turn praying I can find a place to swim when i see them again. Tim had a huge bottle of ice cold water and Skyler was carrying a grocery bag full of oranges, apples, trail mix and cliff bars. Had they read my mind! No, but they had read my blog, the one for today, I didn't mean for it to be such a sob story. But wow, what amazing people, thank you guys so much and good luck on your future bike rides :)

So im defiantly kinda drunk in Baltimore and Phattie patty was upset with me. I guess it does help to ride a bike when the back wheel is attached...




The bar was awesome, at the first one we had home brewed beer and the second I met Jina, one of the coolest ladies in the world.

I don't even know what we drank, a few beers, a few shots. Who cares it was a great time with the guys.'



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Baldwin Mill Rd,Fallston,United States

1 comment:

  1. Grace, Find a hotel or Bed and Breakfast with Air and send me the bill. Or call 911.

    ReplyDelete