Sunday, June 5, 2011

June 5

I dont really know what's goin on today, this detour has been amazing, but I gotta get back on route and it's set me a few days back even though I have still been putting in miles.

At the party last night I met this girl, Iris, who just moved to Jersey city from Philly and put me in touch with one of her friends there. He has an extra room and there is a bike race goin on there today, I just gotta get there. I think I have to take the light train to the World Trade Centers across the river and get on the china bus for ten dollars to get. It's not so tricky when your not hauling a phattie patty around.

Well I'm making it so far, sitting in China town waiting for the China bus. Mike, Kelley and Scott helped me get to the first subway that would take me from Hoboken to the world trade center station and swiped me in. I almost wiped out on the subway, but the guy next to me saved the bike and he and him girlfriend helped me off. From there I found the escalators, they were beautiful. Only got stuck once.

I must be tired because thinking about he wtc sent tears streaming down my face.

I would never survive in this city, it's to big an no one looks you in the eyes and smiles. I made it to Allen Street to get the bus and the lady goes, where you go, philidelphia, you ten dolla, then looks at by bike, you twenny dolla.





Im at a block party in Philly, I didn't know things like this really existed! I missed the bike races but some people just flagged me down as i was riding to lemon hill and gave me money, then as I was going up lemon hill lookin for frank so many people just surrounded me and tried to give me beer, it was beautiful.


Then this guy just gave me a huge pbr and took my bike so I could drink it. I met frank and his friends. Then this couple just a little older than me who toured the country a few years ago.'we just sat on the hill talking and drinking beer.




A huge group of us ride our bikes to a block party where I'm
Currently sittin on a stoop, drinking beer and eating hotdogs.

At dark the party ended so we went around the corner to a diner. Everyone was pretty drunk, it was quite the show and this bill bikes was tryin to put the moves on the waitress. I ordered chocolate chip pancakes and got a free chocolate milk. There were about 12 of us there, the situation really is unexplainable.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment