Saturday, June 4, 2011

June 4

It's official. I LOVE Polish people, and the Bruins.












So today might be one of the most random days of my life. First of all, i can't believe Scott survived the night. It got pretty cold and he was using one of my tarps for a blanket, either he is tough as nails, or he drank more at the bar than I thought.

When we were packing up i noticed an empty zip lock bag near my bike. My nuts! They were ALL gone, the ones Brenda got me in Otisville. Some little jerk critter got into my handlebar bag, dug em out, and ate the WHOLE bag. Not gonna lie, I'm kind of impressed.

It's great to wake up and know you have a nice breakfast waiting for you, especially when you wake up in the woods. We made it to Dempsey's, Gail and Tom's resteraunt a little outside of town. Gail took our orders and her daughter Jess started cookin em up. The guy next to us wanted to buy us breakfast, but Gail told him she beat him to it.

















Breakfast was UNBELIEVABLE! The blueberry pancake was as big as my plate, then sausage, toast, eggs and potatoes with coffee, I was in heaven.

Scott and my plan was to get to Jersey, ride to Summit and hop a train. However everyone at the cafe wanted to help us out and after forty minutes of debating it was decided we would ride back up into Raritan and catch the train to Newark.
















Phatty almost didn't make it on the train. The door was real narrow and the stairs were steep. If Scott wouldn't have hauled her up, it could have been disastrous. On the train we had to tie the bikes to the wall. I think we may have gone a little overboard with the para cord.














We got talking with one of the train workers. He used to be pretty big into biking himself riding from Boston to Amhurst and doing centuries. He was so amazingly friendly and has a daughter who is over in Ecuador for the Peace Corps. When we get to get off the train he slipped me something and smiled, it was the money back for our tickets..














































I don't know how we did it but we got Phatty up the escalator and onto the subway, it ended up being the wrong subway, but not important, after a few more escalators and elevators and another train, we made it to Hoboken. Almost didn't make it though, the train stopped and everyone got off, besides me, Patty didn't fit down the isle.














We did eventually make it off the train and we rode along the river overlooking both NYC and Jersey City, it was beautiful!

We get to mikes apartment, liberty towers and it's Amazing! We meet his sister and her boyfriend then mike and Kelly ask if we want to go on a bike ride around the city. As much as I wanted to check out the city, I vegging on the couch sounded pretty appealing. But I dropped the bags and we headed out. It was pretty cool at first, real pretty and hardly any traffic. But then to roads got gross and so did the traffic. For the most part drivers, even here are more considerate than the ones back in Michigan, but it was still pretty nerve-racking.

I also got into my second accident, we were on the sidewalk and mike stopped so fast I ran right into his butt and broke my mirror.

We rode to the George Washington bridge then turned around and headed home. I was so exhausted. 25 miles of awesome city riding.

After we all bathed mike took us out to this little authentic Mexican place where they let you bring in your own drinks. I got lamb, fish, and cactus tacos, they were incredible!

Back in the apartment one of Magdas friends had bought a few bottles of champagne so we broke out some glasses and dropped in some strawberries and made the first toast of the night.




The people here are so cool, but I'm just so exhausted. We sat on the balcony talking and watching the city as the sun went down. We broke out the growlers and people started showing up. It was all couples though and they were all older than me, but I met this really cool girl, iris, an we just chatted it up.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Morris St,Jersey City,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment