Monday, June 6, 2011

June 6

I slept like a rock last night. It was much needed. I feel so at home here, the house reminds me of hey Arnold and Frank and I had coffee on the roof.

Their living situation is a bit of a trip, I guess you could call them squatters. Their landlord lost the house but the bank is letting them stay until the lease is up, under the table no rent kind of deal. The catch is utilities. After the landlord went, so did the electricity, fridge and hot water. Frank got a friend to plug them back and rigged an interesting system for the hot water. To take a shower you gotta run down the three stories to turn it on and hurry up and run back down to shut it off when they are done. It sounds like a stampede.

I really like the culture and diversity here and hearing all the Spanish outside.

Rode into work with Frank to get a new helmet. It isn't the normal bike shop. It's kind of a warehouse with boxes stacked to the ceiling, hardly room to walk,


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone



Location:McKean St,Philadelphia,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment