Tuesday, June 14, 2011

June 14

I have been considering coming home a lot lately. It just gets kind of lonely when it's just me and patty. It's all ya alls amazing support that gives me the juice to go, and for that, I cannot thank you enough.

I talked to my little brother today. I asked him about the trip and told him I might come home early. He was like what? Why? I think you should go to Florida. I dont think he knows how much hearing him say that means to me.

As of now I'm at a KOA in guinea VA. After the last few days I just needed a safe place to get some good sleep. I hate spending the money, but I've learned my life might be worth more than 34 dollars saved.

Last night I met a girl a few sites down from me who is headin south from Pittsburg. Like me she started out with a friend but is now on her own. So last night we sat around the fire, had a few beers, poptarts and chocolate before passing out.

I'm heading to Richmond today to stay with some friends I met through the fifth degree. Im hoping some good quality people time will renew my spirit, because this morning, even after a good nights sleep, I can't see myself going further than Jacksonville NC. Basically South Carolina and Georiga seem horribly boring and I just want to get to Florida.

It's pretty rural out here in Virginia. I just passed a guy in a wifebeater walking his push mower down the road and I think I caught a kid peeing off his front porch. He tried to duck under the bushes, I just waved and smiled.

I dont know how this happens but my luck is turning around. I got into Richmond and all I wanted was a Rolo mcflurry. Robins friend told me there was one on broad street. I get to the end of this super busy road and it just drops into this huge hill to go under 95. I was told not to go through the south side, but I didn't come this far for nothing.

I found robins house. He was at work but his roomates let me and handed me a pbr. The Philly house has nothing on this house when it comes to bikes. There are at least thirty and their walls are covered in holds for climbing, AMAZING.

I grabbed a shower and Donna, Robins best friend came to pick me up to go get robin from work.'this girl is amazing. She started mountain biking three years ago and has turned pro at 22. She also just graduated a teaching job and is starting outdoor rec programs for the kids.

We went to the bar with another one of their friends, and this guy was HILARIOUS. It was a vegan bar that redefined my tofu experience, I am now somewhat of a fan, tofu, mimosas and good company. Perfect. Also robin picked me up a new spork so no more peanut butter knuckles.

Back at the house the living room was packed with their bike club meeting and pbr's. Jake handed me another on and i squeezed into the circle, listening to robin and Phil's epically hilarious stories of being stoned groomsmen.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone





Location:Berkeley,United States

2 comments:

  1. I hear it's beautiful in the Carolina's. Remember, "Nothing could be finer than to be in Carolina, In the morning".

    ReplyDelete
  2. The two sentences following "It's pretty rural out here in Virginia." made me literally laugh out loud.

    ReplyDelete