Tuesday, June 21, 2011

June 21


































Camping on the beach in the outer banks is incredible. Woke up to the sun rising over the sand dunes and the sound of waves crashing on the beach.

The morning was cool and the breeze was coming from the north, perfect riding conditions. I debated packing up and leaving but I was hoping I would see the chris's again and get my swim suit back so I went back to bed.


































They called and said they were on here way around seven so I hiked over the dunes to the ocean. It was so beautiful and I was the only one there. I want so bad to share these experiences family is my strongest pull.

I say my second snake in the sand, a big black one and was grateful for my tent. The ocean felt AMAZING, but the current was strong so I kept it close to shore.

I hiked back to make some of my special oatmeal when the dad who saved me from yesterday came over to say good by and a guy and his wife from south Carolina gave me there info if I would be goin through there town.

The guys got in just after that. Chris was pretty sick so he hung out in the bathroom while me and the other chris chilled.


































They set up camp and headed out. I was about to leave and ran into another group of guys from northern Virginia a little younger than me. They were packing up too and offered me a drink. Ended up being a forty. Hung out there a bit and half a forty and a few friends later headed out, they waved me off and cheered, what a great way to start the day.
































Gosh it was so great riding. I couldnt stop
Smiling. There is just something a out the outerbanks, this is my mid trip vacation. There is pretty much just one rode that goes through the whole thing and everyone is on it, so sweet.

I met a ton of guys fishing and then got stuck in construction, it was AWESOME. They shut down one lane at a time and of coarse I was the last one in the row to go across and some of the construction guys followed me in a pickup cheering me on and another guys acted like a race line ended and gave me a huge five. Then riding past all the people waiting for me to cross, felt like i was in a parade.

I felt the urge to talk and stop to everyone, so I did. I saw a van with a kayak trailer. Those people were awesome too and one of the girls gave me her info because she is couch surfing in Wilmington and could probably fin me a place to stay. Then the kayak guide told me to find the kite school up in rodanthe, get lunch there and watch people learn to kite board. When I turned to leave they were all yelling and cheering me on, it was AWESOME.

I can't believe I rode down half the country without my iPod. The traffic wasn't bad so I was just jamming and singing all the way to rodanthe. When I got there it was unreal. Out of no where he rode split between these huge sand dunes and HUGE houses. It was almost like marquette with all the sand instead of snow, there were bulldozers shoveling it out of peoples driveways.

There is just so much positive energy out here. Truck and jeep full of beachgoers keep driving by and just wave and cheer, it's pretty epic.

I didn't find the place he was talking about but it was hot and I was hungry and fading fast. I pulled into a family campground to see if I could grab a change and sneak on their beach or meet someone who would let me throw a tent up on their site.

But I got busted, the owner was mowing he lawn and asked if I was camping there, I told him i wasn't sure, that I was just checking it out and price checking. He told me where I could change and how I could get to the beach. Then he found out about the trip and was blown away. He was like, a tent site here is thirty, and I'm the cheapest around but we could probably give you a deal, I was PUMPED as I hopped on patty and headed to the beach.

I was walking over the sand dune and this guy about my age in surf gear was walkin toward me. I asked him how the surf was and he said it was picking up
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone










Location:United States

No comments:

Post a Comment