Wednesday, June 22, 2011

June 22

Its crazy how even on the good days, and in the best places I can wake up and feel sick with anxiety. What do I do, should i stay or should I go. Am I really gonna make it to Florida, where am I gonna sleep tonight? Was I a good guest, do they want me gone or are the sincere in wanting me to stay. It's a constant battle and I usually just end up letting things happen and hope for the best.

I woke up on he couch this morning around eight thirty as the guys were getting ready to go check in at Reel. It's a kite boarding, surf, paddle board kind of store and a few of them are pros who teach lessons. It's pretty cool, they are from all over, Canada, Michigan, California, Montana, even England. There equipment is all over the house kind of like the kids from Richmond.

The boys made breakfast and headed out. Ben, the boy from Montreal is looking for his impact vest and the really friendly guy I met first is moving home. Pretty sad, he is so nice.

I stuck around the house for a bit and chilled with the guys and Ella, they are all so nice. It's great feelin to be with good people. There is supposed to be some marlin competition in Avon so I should see them all later. Before I left one of the guys hollered after me, his dad had given him a box of polarized sunglasses and gave me a pair! Pretty exciting after losing mine in the waves yesterday.

I'm a little nervous, thought I had a place to stay in Avon but it doesn't look like it's gonna work. I tried callin some campgrounds but they were closed, I might just go camp anyway and if I get caught I get caught. So for now I'm chillen on the peer watching people fish.

I met a nice lady and her son. She used to work as a tour guide for backroads, it sounds like a job I should look into.

I met some guys surfin and filming on the beach, but when I got talking to them got a bad feeling and dipped out.

I ended up finding the campground. Not a lot going on there. I saw a lady in the office building and asked if she worked here, she didn't, but man she was nice. Her, her husband and grandson are camping here for a few months and she was just so sweet and soft-spoken. I rode around the campground to check it out, no where really I could put up a tent out of the way. I got back to the lady's site and she rode her bike up to the owners with me and we met his wife, grace, and she was so sweet too and said if I ended up staying to just leave fifteen dollars under the flower pot.

Back at the site Eileen's grandson helped me set up my tent, he is a fourteen year old version of my cousin Andy. Then Carl, the grandpa walked over and offered me something cold to drink so I headed over there after a nice cold shower.

John and I both ate the rest of our subway and a fudge-cycle. They gave me some waters and we just hung out and talked at the picnic table. Such good people.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone





Location:Mac-Oca Dr,,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment