Wednesday, June 29, 2011

June 29








I hardly slept last night, it was really warm and windy. A few times i heard cars pull in and was waiting for someone to yell at mentor being in their campsite. I would really lime to stay and sleep a few more hours, but the owner never called me back about paying and I don't want to hear I owe like thirty dollars for a place that's worth two.

I was just about to pull the poles out of my tent, and it started to downpour, now I'm hiding in it.











It stopped long raining long enough for me to pull the tent out of the mud, onto the picnic table and throw a tarp on it. Then I hid in the bathroom and made new spider friends.

I packed up and got some oatmeal at the dollar tree. It would have been a lot easier but the cashier insisted on sticking her butt out so as to where it blocked the whole aisle between me and breakfast.











The ride was flat with no shoulders, it's 87 degrees with a headwind and so humid my glasses are foggy.

I crossed the state line into South Carolina and everything is looking so south. The trees, the waffle houses, it's pretty cool.

I made it to a subway in Conway. I'm not sure how far behind the boys are but they want me to wait for them, it's a good feelin to know they are close, I haven't felt lonely for a while. Now we just need to find a safe place to stay.

Well the guys just texted me saying they booked a hotel, so it looks like I don't have to hang out in subway anymore stalking potential families.

I couldn't find the hotel, ended up passing it a few times because they changed the name. The guy at the front was a little high strung, he kept telling me that no one had made a reservation under the name I told him. After some time a lightbulb went off and he pulled a crumpled piece of paper out of the trash with chris's name on it.

I just got in trouble for trying to set up my tent in the hotel parking lot.

There is a pool here, feels great to go swimmin knowing there is nothing in the water that is going to eat me.

The boys are only in calabash and it's three in the afternoon. Calabash is where I started this morning...

I went exploring, not that there is much to explore (safely) in Conway. I rode the half mile down to Belk, which I thought was a grocery store. It took me all of a half hour to get there until after waiting for the light a few times learned to press the walk button.

I went into dollar general and spent three dollars on some hair ties and dried fruit before heading over to Kmart. I can't believe all the STUFF we use, it's disgusting, but that doesn't mean I still didn't want to use the nail polish samples to paint my toenails.

I made my way over to McDonalds to use the free salad coupon Donna gave me back in Richmond. I told the girl I didn't need a bag, but she gave me one anyway. That really bothered me, but the Oreo mcflurry made me feel better.

On the way home I picked up three PBR's for when the boys got in. What I really wanted was a six pack, but I don't think they have those here and the last time I bought a twelve pack I got myself into a pretty rough situation.

They got in at eight and were as happy as I get about the beer. Man it was good to see them, they are great company.

Alex lost his id in Richmond and they wanted to get a six pack so we went that half mile again, saw a bum who strangely enough I felt I could relate to, he looked like an AT hiker.

The boys have saved up for this trip. We got a
Six pack of Sam Adams that on getting back to the hotel did t know how to open. We ended up using my cot frame to oust the caps off and at outside our room shootin the breeze and catching up on the last few days.

I am so lucky.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone







Location:Beach Dr SW,Calabash,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment