Monday, June 20, 2011

June 20

I kinda figured it was gonna rain, that's when I was excited a hostler bed would be better than camping, cheaper too. So when ingot intomthe office the lady was waiting for be because I had called ahead explaining my situation. I figured after almost meeting my death and police situation I wouldn't least get a discount, not a chance.

Instead the lady went on to explain how I would
Be sharing the dorm with another man, but assured me we had separate rooms and I could lock the door. We shared a bathroom and I could lock that too. I just looked at her, and bow old is this, man?

Oh like forty to fifty.

Oh no, I'll take the tent site.

Then my mom called about the bridge thing and I was a little short in my frustration and the lady was like, GRACE! Now i have three kids all in there thirties, and you think just because they are over eighteen I don't worry about them. I just kind of looked at her then why would you think it's ok to put me in a room with an older man. Wow

I tried to find a place in the dark where i could pull my tarp over the tent cause I had a feeling it might storm. Then this other guy inches forties who is biking too found me again
And just kept talking. It made me a little nervous. Ingot campmset up
As best i could in the dark, took a shower and tried calling the officer back.

I couldn't really sleep and now it's going on five in the morning and there is a HUGE thunderstorm dumping on me. I heard it coming so brought my bags in off my bike and checked my tarp.

I guess i need to work on my setting up at night skills, everything is soaked. I packed up all the stuff in my tent so when it stops raining I can move it and put my tent on a picnic table. I don't really know where I'm gonna sleep yet, but I can feel all the water seeping in around me, it's like a water bed.

I should have learned my lesson about being excited for places after DC. I guess some things might never change.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone


Location:W Kitty Hawk Rd,Kitty Hawk,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment