Saturday, June 18, 2011

June 18







So we all got up around seven and alyssa and Eva made us breakfast. It was cute because
there must not have been much bread left because I noticed they had both the butts and gave me the middle. Alyssa gave me nutragrain bars and some hugs before heading home to Virginia beach and eva and her friend rode out with me. It's so great having company and it was Ray's first time out on his new road bike so that was exciting.

It's weird to think this is where Pocahontas lived. It clicked today with the Virginia company song from the movie and we were in Virginia, it all used to seem to far away to be real.





We caught the ferry across, I wasn't expecting it to be free, so that was a nice surprise. First time I've been on a car ferry. Eva and Ray rode with me a few more miles before we parted ways.





It's pretty out here and extremely rural. The only roads out here are those little field roads that are so small they don't have room to paint lines on it.

Its so hott out, I don't know where I'm sleeping and the there's no way this is a Rolo mcflurry, there aren't even rolos in it..

Looks like that's the last Mcdonalds I'm hiding in, gift card ran out...

I think it got hotter out, I'm not even thinking, pedaling from shade spot to shade spot. It's frustrating GPSing the next city, then following my maps for a
Few miles, re GPSing and the city gets further away. Thank you adventure cycling for trying to keep me safe, but I'm gonna die out here.

I'm down to 12 miles to sunbury NC and I need to relax before I get heat stroke. My mom sent me a package there. They said it would be there either Saturday or Monday. I knew I wouldn't get there before they closed on Saturday but when my mom talked to the guy he said I could call him when i got there and because he only lives two houses down from the office, would walk down and get it for me. Mom said he was really nice on the phone. Man, i hope she's right because I'm banking on him letting me camp in his yard because there is no where else to stay out here in the middle of nowhere.

I could have kept going but there was some shade in the ditch and it looked like a good place to sit, call my mom and regroup for a bit. It wasn't long until this older couple in a blue truck drove by and asked me if I was ok, if I needed any water or anything. I liked them instantly. I told them I didn't but asked where they lived just in case.

Long story short, we are all sitting in the living room with full bellies watching tv. Melvin and Beth feel like long lost family, Melvin is a smart ass just like my grandpa.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Colonial Trail E,Surry,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment