Tuesday, June 28, 2011

June 28

Vacation over. The idea of coming back and biking north Carolina is already starting to grow in the back of my mind. It has just been an awesome state and I loved stayin with family for a bit.

I also think I lost my multitool, patty is not very happy with me after taking her apart and not putting her together properly, I'll have to go into a shop.

Aarons friends I stayed with in Wilmington were pretty sweet. Its weird how they both got up at six to go work out and it made me feel lazy.

Now I'm making my way into downtown Wilmington then will head south again and meet up with the guys sometime later today. I have been on vacation for over a week now, so getting back to the grind is gonna be, well we will see.

I did the stupid detour thing again that probably added fifteen miles and two hours to the trip. I was already at wrightsville beach and needed to go to Carolina beach but for some reason I felt the urge to go into Wilmington. I don't know what I expected to see, the campus, downtown, anything other than ghetto and industrial roads. idiot.

It's so hott out too, I feel nauseous and am hiding in the shade off 421 trying not to throw up or pass out. The boys want to get to calabash today, but they are still in Wilmington eating Bojangles.

So I lied, vacation is not over. I got to Kure beach and said what the heck, put on my suit, jumped in the ocean, hosed off and am now sitting in the shade under the peer enjoying the ocean wind.

Fort fisher was nice, it had air conditioned bathrooms. I got a message from alex, chris is heat sick and they have to take a break. I was going to wait for them at this nice shady picnic table at the southport ferry but the lady told me after I bought my ticket that I had to get on this next ferry. It's smaller than the Ocracoke one, but there is still an air conditioned passenger lounge.

I got a little lost in southport, but it was pretty. Now I'm on 211 heading north, fighting the wind and dodging traffic. Sometimes I wonder if adventure cycling is aware that Florida is in the south.

It looks like chris has food poisoning from Bojangles. We were supposed to meet up in calabash, but he's so sick they are staying in southport. I'm not really sure what I'm gonna do now, I don't want to get to far ahead of them as to where they can't catch up. But I need to keep going to find a place to stay.

I figured the lady at the store would just let me camp out back, so I asked her and this was her reply, "ABSOLUTELY NAUT!" So I rode my bike into the wind another forty miles to this super sketchy campground outside Calabash. At the moment there is some lady out yellin stuff, it sounds like "yant wa ya nwaa" I don't know if she's super drunk or I finally hit the south.

I tried to stake my tent down but the ground is too hard. It's real windy and my tent keeps buckling in and hitting me in the face.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone






Location:White Oak Dr,Wilmington,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment